Welcome to Rochester United Methodist Church!
Reaching out to our community — and to our world.
Sunday, January 23, 2022
These are our opportunities to come together on this Sunday.
- 9:45 Bible Study – “Facing Your Giants” by Max Lucado – Max Lucado is a well-published inspirational author. This study is based on the biblical character David.
- 11:00 Worship service
- 1:00 PM Church Orientation Class (session one – Spiritual Gifts). If you are ever thought about what it means to be a Christian or what means to be a member of a church, please join us on Sunday afternoon January 23rd and 30th, February 20th and 27th from 1:00 – 2:00 PM. It is our hope that this class will increase your faith and awareness of how the Christian church has responded to the love of God. If you are unable to be there in person a Zoom link is located below. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Understanding the gifts that God has given you.
- The foundations of Christian beliefs (doctrine).
- The history and beliefs of John Wesley (founder of Methodism).
- The beliefs and organizational structure of the United Methodist Church.
- Opportunities for involvement and life at Rochester United Methodist Church.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://greaternw.zoom.us/j/94448644435
Come and enjoy worship in whatever manner is possible. We are still doing our best to maintain safe practices, including wearing masks. We hope you will be able to join us for any of these events that work for you.
Worship with us in person Sundays at 11 a.m. We are currently wearing masks and social distancing for everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
For More Information Contact:
The Church Office at 360-273-5000 or
Pastor Jessie McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org
“If you would decide to come to our church you would find a lively place: A place where people know the love of Jesus Christ and express that love in action. We are a congregation who live out the scripture from Genesis 12 in which the people are told that they are “blessed in order that they might be a blessing to others.”
This is not your dull Sunday morning place. This is a place in which laughter and joy reign. People choose to come here to worship and to serve the community in the name of Jesus Christ because they love Jesus and they love this community.
You probably wonder just how you might fit in. Well here are a few suggestions: Of course try out our 11:00 worship service. Start your Sundays with a free breakfast beginning at 10:00 am and the chance to meet some of your friends and neighbors in the Fireside Room.
We support the local food bank and help with school supplies and that is just a short list of all this congregation does.
We are all blessed to be blessings. Come join us in sharing the many blessings we all have been given.
The Christian Life is Our Response to God’s Love and Grace
PO Box 78
18206 Corvallis Street
Rochester, WA 98579
Church Office Hours:
Monday, Thursday and Friday from 10am to noon.
Rev. Jessie McKenzie
We are back to meeting indoors every Sunday at 11 a.m.
Blessings of Home Storehouse
Our new program to help people in need with basic household items is launching. If you would like to donate household items such as kitchen and bedding items as well as paper products and other essentials, please call 360-528-1257. If we can use it to share with people in need, we will pick your item(s) up.